ZEELAND WEST BOYS GOLF 2017
The following information and selection criteria will be used as part of the team selection process for the 2017 Zeeland West Boys Golf Team.
Between 15-25 players will be selected to be part of the 2017 Team, which includes Varsity and Junior Varsity. The number selected depends on scoring dispersion and team needs.
Team try-outs will take place March 13, 2017. All players will receive a calendar detailing practice times and locations.
To be eligible to try-out you must be in the ninth through twelfth grade and have completed all of the steps to receive your ZAC card from the athletic office at Zeealnd West by March 13, 2017. You must bring your ZAC card with you to tryout on the 13th.
The following list of criteria will be used as part of the 2017 team selection process:
- Attitude and conduct off the golf course
- Attitude and conduct on the golf course
- Playing by and knowledge of the USGA Rules of Golf
- Playing ability and showing improvement from past year if applicable.
- Using solid golf etiquette
- Summer competition and participation is important! To compete well during the season you must compete well during the summer
- Have good practice habits and practice all parts of the game
- Be able to accept and respond to coaching
- Support your teammates by encouraging their play
- Take care of yourself physically and mentally by eating, sleeping and exercising correctly
- Being able to keep the game in perspective and remember it is a game.
Please contact Coach Tim Minnear at 748.4569 (work) 540.9873 (cell) or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Summer Tournament Opportunities –