Q: What is a ZAC and why do I need one?
A: The ZAC (Zeeland Athletic Card) is your “passport” to participate in athletics. In order to be allowed to tryout, you must present your ZAC to the coach on the first day of tryouts/practice. Those without their card will be privileged to watch.
Q: What are the requirement for a ZAC?
A: There are currently 5 parts to the ZAC that must be completed.
- Physical Form http://zeelandwestsports.com/hq/forms/ (Must be dated after April 15th of each year per the MHSAA)
- ImPACT Test (These are valid for 2 years.)
- Watch the website, prior to the start of your season, for group testing dates or check the door to the Athletic Trainer’s office.
- Concussion Form http://zeelandwestsports.com/hq/forms/ (This is valid until graduation)
- Academic Eligibility (not required for out-of-season conditioning)
- Free of Athletic Code violation obligations (not required for out-of-season conditioning)
Q: Once I get my ZAC am I all set for the school year?
A: No. Once your documents are turned in and you have been ImPACT tested, those requirements are good for the year. Academic Eligibility and Athletic Code status must be checked prior to each season, which is why you must present your ZAC to the coach at the start of each season.
Q: Is there a cost involved?
A: For the academic year 2015-2016, there is no cost unless the student loses the card. There is a $1 replacement fee.
Q: When can I get my ZAC?
A: The ZAC can be picked up not more than 2 weeks prior to the start of the season or conditioning program from your home school’s athletic office.
Q: Do parents need to be present?
A: No. It is the student’s responsibility to turn in their documents and pick up their card.
Q: How do I know if everything has been turned in or if my ImPACT test is still valid?
A: Students can stop in the Athletic Office whenever it is open and verify their status.